HVR 01: How Gut Health Influences Everything From General Well Being, To Mental Health
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Why are probiotics not necessarily good for your gut? Is there really a bacteria that can hijack the brain to change behavior? These questions and others are answered as John Brisson shares his expertise on how important gut health is to overall health and well being and some great pointers for people wanting to improve their health in this area.
Please Take 1 Second To Tell Us What You Think Of This Podcast Episode So Far:
What You'll Learn In This Episode
- Why you most likely have gut issues even if you don't see any signs or symptoms
- How gut health is now being linked to mental health issues as severe as schizophrenia
- How motility is an important and obvious indicator of gut health
- How our circadian rhythm affects our gut health
- How a certain type of bacteria can take control of it's hosts mind to drastically change behavior! (creepy)
- The most important factors which can lead to gut health issues like leaky gut syndrome
- How asthma can be linked to gut health
- John's top 2 recommended supplements for gut health
- How probiotics might actually be bad for you
- Why testing might not be the amazing breakthrough that it's sometimes touted as
- How EMFs (electomagnetic frequencies) might negatively affect your gut health
Items Mentioned In This Episode
- John's book: Fix Your Gut (AMZN link)
- TH1/TH2 Dominance
- Zinc Carnosine Supplement (AMZN link)
- Galacto-oligosaccharides Supplement (GOS Prebiotic) (AMZN link)
- Surthrival Colostrum (colostrum overview)
Here is the associated transcript for this episode.
Please Take 1 Second To Tell Us What You Think Of This Podcast Episode:
Great program! Great public service! Thanks.
It’s important to take good care of our gut as it is where our intakes are being processed.
I’m shocked that gut health can be linked to mental health issues!